Saturday, November 9, 2013

The promotion.

A few weeks ago on Sunday the 20 I noticed a missed call from Travis when I got home from church, he called literally minutes before but I didn't hear it because my phone had been on silent for church. I quickly called him back and asked for him like usual and waited and waited...... and waited for him to come on the phone. Finally the co-worker came back on and said he was in a meeting with Dave. DAVE? He didn't say he was coming that day ( Dave is his district supervisor). He called me back about 20 min later and said " I get to drive to Sandy everyday now". It took me a min to realize what he was talking about. He got promoted to STORE MANAGER! It comes with a raise and monthly bonus depending on how well his store does sells wise. He has been working there 4 years and has gotten promoted around this time every year. This however is the first time he has been moved to a different store. The commute is about 7 min longer then before making it a 20-25 min drive depending on traffic. He is getting use to the slower store and being in charge. I'm thankful for the hard working man he is and for the job he has with amazing benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment