Sunday, January 24, 2016

Korbyn Lee Shorts birth story.

On Jan 13. I had a doctors appointment my doc did an ultrasound to check fluid and get an estimate of how big baby was. He had some trouble finding fluid at first so I was kinda hoping he would send me to labor and delivery to be induced but he found some..... boo! Then he was checking his size he got a weird look on his face and asked how big the girls were. (5 lbs 9 oz and 7lbs 3 oz ) I was thinking well maybe he's big and he'll induce.... he estimated 7lbs give or take. He then checked my cervix dilated to a 4 70% effaced. I was having contractions but they weren't consistent he said to wait it out and reminded me just go straight to labor and delivery if they got stronger, closer or if my water broke. The next day I woke up to a couple good strong contractions a couple min apart I got up got dressed and ate some breakfast while still having them. The girls woke up so I got them some breakfast and sat down to time contractions they were 3-5 min apart but not super strong. Travis came up and I told him what was going on. I asked if we could maybe go to Walmart to walk around to see if they would get stronger we walked around for about an hour before I decided it was time to head to the hospital by this time it was about 11. When we got there they checked me in and had me go to triage to monitor my contractions and check my cervix. Contractions were 3 min apart just not to strong and I was a 4 and a half. They told me to walk around the hospital for about an hour then come back and they would check me again. They were hesitant to admit me because I was only 38 weeks and didn't seem like I was in a lot of pain. We walked to the cafeteria and Travis and the girls ate lunch while I walked in circles around the table. ( I didn't have much of an appetite and I was kinda nauseas ). We took the long way back to labor and delivery they checked me and I was at a 5 my contractions were still 3 min apart but alittle bit more intense they called my doc and he told them to admit me. WOOO HOOO! I waited till I had an iv started and we were settled in our room to call my mom and text my sisters about 1 to tell them baby is coming today! My mom was on her way to work and was worried she wouldn't make it in time. Travis mom was sick with a cold. My sister in law was stuck with kids till my brother got off at 5. My sister was working across the street and said she would help however we needed. I really wanted the girls there but with out help I could tell travis was getting over whelmed trying to be there for me and keep the girls in line, so I texted my sister and asked if she would come get them and take them to her house to play for awhile. She picked them up about 4. I asked to be checked about 430 I was dilated to a 6 80% effaced and had a bulging bag of water. The nurse asked if I would be apposed to Pitocin or breaking my water I said either was fine with me but I go super fast after my water breaks she said "That's fine we are ready, let me call your doc and see what he wants to do." She came back in and said that he wanted to have some one break my water while he finished up at the office. The on call doc came and broke my water at 5 I texted my mom and told her she didn't answer so I had Travis call her since it was getting harder for me to talk thru contractions. She was on her way by the time she got there about 530... Contractions were intense ( I refused the epidural since I had issues with it the first 2 times). My doc got there about 6 and checked me I was 8 cm dilated 80% effaced. he said he would come check on me in half hour I said ok and turned back on my side to labor..... the next contraction I felt the urge to push! My doc came running back in to check me and felt a head! He said yep this baby is coming! I got in position and with one push his head was out ( cord wrapped around his neck once) the next push his body was out. We did some skin to skin before they took him to be checked out where he peed all over the table. My mom texted Shaless a picture and she left her house right then to bring the girls to meet their brother. Enslie fell asleep on the way there but Erilyn was excited to meet him and give him his teddy she picked out for him. He nursed right away!!! He was born at 603 pm weighing 7lbs 10 oz and was 20 and a half inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment