Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I woke up early on thanksgiving to get the turkey In the oven and the rolls out to rise. Erilyn got up she did not look good her skin was ghost white, her lips dried and cracked she was sluggish and just laying around when I picked her up she was just dead weight. Rewind back to Sunday night Erilyn was whiney and refused to eat dinner I didn't think much of it..... seeing as she is almost 3.... its a daily thing. Monday she didn't really eat or drink much and by about 5 pm it was coming from both ends. The 24 hour stomach bug had been going around so we thought it was that. Tues was the same thing coming from both ends and not much going in. She sleeps well tues night so we think she has slept it off. The next day she still refuses to eat or drink but is trying to play and be her crazy self. I can tell she doesn't feel great though she doesn't throw up but it is coming from the other end still. Im starting worry about dehydration she hasn't really drank since sun morning but we decide to try giving her popsicles and she keeps that down so we see how the next day goes. Now its Thursday I took one look at her and know its time to go get her checked out. I'm not sure if our pediatrician is open and im sure they will send us to the ER any way. I text Travis who is donating plasma and tell him what's going on he agrees its ER time. I start getting the girls ready and the diaper bag packed when the smell of turkey hits me.... dang what if we don't make it back in time to take it out of the oven? I call my mom she doesn't answer. I call my brother he answers but is out for a run no where near my moms house. So I call my dad and ask for my mom she answers and I loose it!! I start bawling and telling her what's going on she suggests we give Erilyn a blessing. When Travis gets home we go straight to my moms house and Travis and my little bro give her a blessing. We leave Enslie with my parents and head to primary children's. The ER is surprisingly busy we finally get checked in and in a room the doctor comes in and instantly says she definitely looks dehydrated and orders an iv and blood work to make sure its nothing else. The iv is started and blood taken. The Doc. come back with the blood results she is severely dehydrated, everything else looks good but she does have the stomach flu. She watches youtube on daddies phone and slowly gets the color back in her skin her body is gaining strength she isn't just laying there any more. They ask if she wants a popsicle and pipes right up when they say they have purple ones (her favorite). She finishes that and asks for chocolate milk witch they are happy to give her! She scarfs that down and then needs to go potty and for the first time in days pees! I have never been so happy to see that in my life! She finishes her iv fluids and we all feel comfortable with going home so we are discharged. We rush to eat our thanksgiving dinner at my moms house, check out black Friday adds and pick up the baby ( my little bro went to our house and took the turkey out of the oven hours ago).We then leave and go to find an open pharmacy to fill Erilyns prescription for Zofran to help with her nausea so she could continue to get better. We went to one pharmacy that was closed then to another that was thankfully open but super busy because it was one of the only ones open within  miles. We finally get the prescription and Travis drops me off at a near by store to black Friday shop. It was definitely  a thanksgiving we will never forget that's for sure. We all ended up with the stomach flu to but avoided the ER.....luckily.
Her iv. She was so big when the poked her and only cries for a few seconds.

My poor baby waiting for the iv to start.

popsicle!!

Still super white but TONS better.

Drinking.....YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment