Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Enslie Jaylynn Shorts Birth story.

Starting at about 37 weeks I started to get contractions they would start to get about 10 min apart then stop for hours or even days. It was quite annoying and painful, I had a growth ultra sound on the 20 they said she weighed about 7lbs 10oz. This made me nervous I was scared I was going to deliver a 10lb. baby I told my doc this and he agreed to induce me because she was measuring big, it was my second pregnancy, I was already dilating and I was ready. So we scheduled it for Feb. 3. I had a doctors apt. on the 29th I was hoping I would be dilated enough to induce I was a 4 but because I wasn't having regular contractions he said we would have to wait till I went on my own or the 3. The next day I started to get contractions  after some morning ummm... "fun". They were about 8 min apart I was trying to figure out how to keep them coming when I noticed that it had snowed. I threw on some jeans, a t-shirt and my coat to shovel  it rained then snowed on top of it so the snow was more like slush witch made it kind of heavy witch was even better since there wasn't much. I took my time making as many shovel strokes as I could I even shoveled the drive way in a spiral. When I came inside they were closer like 3 min apart but weren't as painful as I remembered so I thought they would stop again. We decided to play some horse with a little basketball hoop that Travis got from work. They were starting to get stronger but I still wasn't sure. By this time it was about noon Travis had to be to work at 1245 he said he was going to go get dressed I thought he was getting ready for work and I would call him if something happened..... nope he came up with my hospital bag and pillow and said we were going to the hospital to get checked out. I still wasn't sure if this was it but agreed to go get checked out. When we got to the hospital I had 3 pretty good contraction while filling out the short questionnaire and getting my insurance card scanned. They didn't have any clean open rooms so they put me in a triage room and had me change into a hospital gown while they cleaned the room and monitored me for a few min. They came back in and checked me I was a 4 and half to 5 so they admitted me. When we got to the room the nurse asked me if I wanted an epidural I said I did but wanted to wait she said since I was going so fast I might miss my chance if  I didn't get it so I agreed about 5 min later the anesthesiologist came in and as I was getting the epidural my doc showed up the nurse asked him if he was going to break my water he said I had to finish my anti-biotics first because I tested positive for group b strep. So we had to wait my doc came in at about 545 to check me (I was at a 6) and break my water. An hour later they checked me and I was at an 8 that's when it started to hurt. It hurt on my lower belly but only when I had a contraction so the anisethiologist  came and gave me another dose of medicine the nurse decided to try letting me lay on my side we did the right first  I could tell it was going to be soon so everyone left the room besides Travis. The nurse then had me turn onto my left side that's when the pressure started and it HURT. My contractions were about 1min and a half apart I had 3 then she checked me the head was right there, so she called my doc who luckily was in the parking lot he came in and got all prepped. It was time to push the first push you could see the top of her head the next alittle more then alittle more then we waited and waited for the next contraction when it came I pushed her head out then one more for the shoulders. When he broke my water there was merconium so they had to take her to get checked out right away by the nicu so they could clean out her lungs before she cried. She let out a nice scream it was an awesome sound to hear since Erilyn didn't cry. They then cleaned her up and brought her right over to me to do some skin to skin and try to nurse before weighing and measuring her. Erilyn was the first to meet her then everyone else. I have to say that this labor and delivery was a complete 180 from last time  and Im very happy with how it turned out. Now for the good part.... pictures :-D
Big sister when she first got to the hospital.


Erilyn made sure we were all entertained.

They gave Erilyn this cute im a big sister now band to wear.

She fell asleep to grandma tickling her back.

Then had lots of energy to entertain us after.



There she is

They left her cord long so Travis could cut it once they were sure she was ok.



Skin to skin this was the best thing ever!


7 lbs. 3 oz. 19 inches long born at 748 pm on Thursday Jan. 30 2014

Proud Grama

Checking her out.

Proud daddy!

First bath. This is something I was looking forward to this time also we didn't get to do this with Erilyn.


Cousin Madyson meeting her for the first time she liked her and didn't cry till Aunt Ashley took her back.

My collection of wrist bands.

Ready to go home.

Travis put this around his neck to carry it in so Erilyn had to try it.

Holding baby sister for the first time.

She grabbed her leg on her own

Proud sister

Enslie got Erilyn a few presents a new baby doll and accessory's so she can help with her own baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment