Thursday, February 20, 2014

We LOVE our pediatrician!

I don't know if I have ever talked about our pediatrician, but she is the best! Since Erilyn came early we hadn't picked a doc for her yet so we kinda rushed and chose one that was based out of St. marks where she was born and honestly we picked her because her name is awesome! ( Doc. Da La O) We have since grown to love her. She has 2 little boys her youngest is around Erilyns age. I think this is part of why we love her so much she is young and going through the same thing we are hahaha. She can Easily relate to us and knows all the latest tips, tricks and can give us advice from her personal experience. When we took Enslie in for her 2 week check up the first thing she did when she walked in was apologize for not better preparing us for having to take Enslie to the RTU. I could tell she was genuine and felt really bad. She said that was part of the reason we were sent right to the RTU rather then having to go thru the ER first. She didn't want us to have to deal with that as well as have to go to the hospital un-expectantly. I thanked her for that since it also meant that our new-born baby didn't have to sit next to every other sick child In the ER and get who knows what. I then told her that I had to stop nursing. She asked why and as I was telling her excuse after excuse thru tears. She said... "you know I can tell how badly you wanted to nurse and how much it hurts not to be able to. That shows how great a mom you are that you knew that what you wanted wasn't best for your family in the end." She then told me that formula is just as good for them as my milk and that Enslie would more then likely be just as healthy as Erilyn. That some babies just wont nurse, its wasn't my fault, And that The fact that I had a hard time pumping because I felt that Erilyn wasn't getting the attention she needed, showed again how Great a mom I was. And that My decision in the end was the best for my unique situation. And gave me praise for trying so hard to nurse. And this is why we love her she knew exactly what to tell me to make me feel better about my decision. Erilyn LOVES her, and doesn't mind going to see her. And her tips and techniques are always what I my self would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment