Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Potty Training.

WARNING THIS POST MAY GET ALITTLE TMI.....I always knew i wanted to potty train Erilyn Early for a number of reasons.
  1. I nanny and 95% of the kids i nanny for are not potty trained so that makes for alot of diaper changes....BOO!!
  2. Even though My Gran buys our diapers......they are EXPENSIVE!!!.
  3. We are hoping to have another baby soon and i would like to have some kind of break from changing diapers :-D
The other thing she is INTERESTED so why not?! Since she started to walk i started taking her to the bathroom when i go as much as possible. I talk thru everything im doing in great detail.... i.e. Mommy going to go potty, Mommy pull down her pants, Mommy sit on the potty, Shhhh can you hear it? Mommy going pottty, Mommy wipe, Mommy all done.... YAY Mommy!!! Mommy wash her hands, Mommy such a big girl!!! Yay Mommy.
I Also started asking if she went potty after her nap or when i change her diaper and when i open her diaper and see that she did i say yay Erilyn went potty!! So that hopefully she would connect everything.


And it worked!!! She learned the order of everything and one day to my surprise she wanted to go during nursery when i was helping another girl. She pulled down her pants motioned for me to take off her diaper and sat on the potty all though she did not go potty she still went through all the motions including wiping!!  I  usually let her sit on the potty when ever she wants or after i go.
The other day i was siting at the computer looking some stuff up for my sis ,when she came up to me grabbed my hand and said "doppy" thats how she says potty. I said ok in a min then i noticed she was grunting so we ran to the potty and she finished her busines on the big girl potty!! This was May 24 she was 17 months and 2 days old!!
She still loves to sit on the potty and this morning (may 28) when i was changing her after her nap she wouldnt let me put a diaper back on went and sat on her potty and peed!!!! I was so excited !! Who ever would have thought that pee would be excting lol!!!
Heres to hoping that it continues to go well and she will be potty trained soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment