Monday, October 15, 2012

Prayers really do get answered!

I don't think Ive put this on my blog yet but.... My little..... well younger brother Landis has been called to serve a mission in Lubbock Texas he leaves on November 7. So I'm thinking he will go thru the temple for his endowments close the very end of the month but he decided to do it alittle earlier and is going this week!! When he told me i realized that our recommends were going to expire at the end of Sept! Sept. was a crazy month there was regional conference followed by a sun i wasn't there (why? i don't remember ).Then a temple dedication for witch they cancelled church. Then the next was the sun after our hike Travis sister nisha spent the night to watch erilyn when we got home Travis mom had come and taken them out to her house. We drove down to get her and were so tired we decided to spend the night  and help Travis mom with some stuff. THEN the next sun was General  Conference so we missed the whole month of Sept! So now we were stuck with expired temple recommends! I started to pray that i would be able to get one in time . On sat morning the first part of my prayers was answered the bishop sent me a text saying that they needed help cleaning the church i though sweet!! I can talk to him about what to do so i headed over to church it was locked ( i no longer have keys because i was recently released from my calling as yw pres.) I texted him and asked him to open the doors.... he wasn't there. Eventually some one else showed up with keys and let me in. when he got there he asked me if my key was broken i said bishop i don't have keys anymore he said oh yeah maybe we should fix that.( oh great!) I said i have a favor to ask though i told him the situation and after cleaning the church i did my interview. He said that the stake didn't do interviews till the end of the month but gave me a number to call and see if i could get an interview any way. I called atlleast 6 or 7 times and no one answered and their answering machine said not to leave a message! On sun morn i thought about calling him but figured he was in meetings and he was in our ward so i thought i would just talk to him at church. I got there a alittle early thinking maybe he or a member of the stake presidency would be there they weren't! So i again i began to pray that i would be able to get an interview right after sacrament i went and talked to the bishop and told him i couldn't get ahold of him. We checked the stake office no-body was there.... Then  all of the sudden the bishop  ( i don't know what he is called but he does all the scheduling for the stake)  he spotted his son and asked where  his dad was. He explained he was at baby blessing but should be headed home and to try to call in about an half an hour. I waited what seemed like an eternity then called FINALLY some one answered but explained he wasn't quite home and to call back in a half an hour! I went back to class for a few min and he called me back i told him the dilemma and he again explained that they usually only do interviews on the last sun. I told him that it was kind of an emergency and he said he would try to find some one. I again began to plead with heavenly father i really wanted to be there for my brother. After church i noticed a voice mail but no missed call... weird. I listen to voice mail he starts to explain that the stake pres is sick, his first counselor is out of town and...... finally the words i was praying to hear!! But his 2nd counselor is free to do it at his house tonight at 630 and to call back for the address i call and NO ANSWER!!! Then i remember that in the message he gave me  a different number to try i call and AGAIN no answer i feel like bawling! Right then my phone begins to ring its him!! He gives me the address and apologises for being so difficult to get ahold of. By this time Travis has got an interview with the bishop for his recommend so me and Erilyn wait out side then go home and eat. When we get to the house of this kind man we ring the door bell and wait and wait and wait no answer!! I say oh please heavenly father!! Right then he pokes his head out from behind the house and says we just got home we will let you in a min. Finally we got our signature! I told him how embarrassed i was and how thankful i was.He said "that it was nothing I've had people call the night before at 1030 for a recommend". I felt alittle better but vow not to ever let that happen again!! I know that he answered my prayers and helped me get that interview so that i can be there to support my little brother. And that he is always listening to our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment