Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A different kind of mission.

With all of this hype about the new missionary ages it has gotten me thinking.... If this had only happened 4 years ago when i was 18 would have prepared then and gone? Would i be where i am now? Would i have my baby? Would i be married and where i am today?
Me and my sister both got married shortly before or after our 21 birthday so going on a mission was out of the question. A few hours after the announcement we meant at grans for lunch and the subject came up "what if". We decided that it was meant to be and that we had different missions.
I instantly thought.... what could my mission be? My mind was racing! I thought about what i was doing around the time i was 21. I had just found out i was pregnant with Erilyn. Every emotion was running through my mind i was scared to be a mom, i was excited to be mom, I felt sick. Then that sat as i was shopping with my mom and grandma, i got  a call. I didn't recognize the number so i let it ring then listened to the voicemail. It was the secretary for the bishop he wanted to meet with me and Travis the next day. I had a calling, i was a primary teacher so we both thought Travis would be getting a calling.
We went the next day to talk to the bishop. Now keep in mind i JUST turned 21 and that i just found out I'm pregnant! He looked me straight in the eyes and said something like...... "We as a bishop Rick have been praying alot lately and we feel that the lord wants you to be the YW WOMEN'S PRES. in our ward". I looked at him dumb founded. I thought he was kidding. He looked serious. I felt sick. I couldn't breath. He said well.....I began to cry. I was scared. He began.... we have about 18 girls about 16 of witch are active. I felt like was going to faint i began to sob. He said i know you can do it this is where the lord wants you.... do you except? I thru my tears said yes and instantly started to question EVERYTHING. Why me? Why now? How was i supposed to pick counselors? I had only been in the ward about 6 months and on the first sun i was there i got called to primary i knew my 5 primary kids and primary presidency that was about it. I eventually called my counselors and got to work. It was the hardest, most rewarding, most stressful and happiest 18 months of my life. I had served a full time mission it was just a different mission. Never in my wildest dreams did i think that i would have been married and pregnant with my first child when i served my mission but i wouldn't change it for anything. And i know for a fact that i wasn't meant to serve when i was 19 i was dating my now husband and would not be where i am today if i had served a mission then. I'm so thank full i was able to serve a mission though and love and still worry about those girls. But I'm glad i can focus more on my baby and family now. I have been calling less for alittle over a month now and i must say its kinda nice!! This is the longest ive gone calling-less since i was 12!! But ive got a feeling it wont last long. So im enjoying it while it lasts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment