Thursday, September 23, 2021

The start of a new era!

In Jan. of 2020 (pre-covid) I expressed to Travis my frustration with babysitting and not working out of the home. I though that as the kids got older it would be easier to babysit but, it got harder as they had extra things going on and it was just hard having younger kids around still as mine were getting older and more mature. I felt like I was stuck in the baby faze of life for ever. We decided I would babysit through the end of the school year, take the summer off, then try to find something once Korbyn was in school part time for pre-k. About a month later covid hit and everything shut down including my dream of working out side the home. I now became home school teacher on top of trying to babysit and it was probably the hardest thing I have ever done! In May gave all the families the sad text that I would no longer be offering child care as of mid June, and my plans to return to work in the fall. Well fall came around and our district chose to start online and again my dream was put on the back burner as I had 3 kids who had to do online school. When they finally went back to school in Feb. I was so exhausted mentally and emotionally i couldn't even think of applying for jobs. I enjoyed my few hours Korbyn was at school to run errands and clean in peace. Then enjoyed the summer as the start of school got close and closer i started to pray about starting a job when the kids started school. I had a feeling that I had to be patient, it wasn't the right time. I was discouraged, I wasn't sure what to do.  I knew just had to trust my gut. About a week before school started I got a call from the school they asked me if I had taken the para test yet. I told them no they said well we do have another part time job available at the school if your interested, its yours. For the first time since Jan of 2020. I felt a sense of peace and comfort, I knew this was what I was supposed to do. I had to wait for them to post the job online then I applied  and waited for what seemed like for ever for the official job offer. Finally on Aug 27th I received an official offer to work at the kids school. I work part time helping with the lunch rush at the school. And I love it I only work about 2 and a half hours a day so I still have time before and after to run errands and clean the house. But I get the adult interaction i was so missing all those years working at home and, I get to see how my kids act when not in my care and around their friends. I had to take a first day picture to...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment