Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Kittens!


On the morning of Feb. 27th  Erilyn excitedly woke me up to tell me that cookie had kittens!! When i looked we found these 2 cuties! I told her she had to go to school but i would let her teacher know if there were any more born.


The Little family.

Look at those cute faces!!

On Friday march 1st when i came upstairs in the morning i could tell Erilyn was upset. She said she had something to show me. I went in her room and found that the first 2 kittens had passed away in the night and that there was now a black one moving around in there. I wasn't sure what to think and quickly messaged my sister who worked as a vet tech for a bit in an internship she didn't know what it could be and suggested i call my cousin who is a veterinarian. I didn't have his number so i messaged his wife on facebook and she gave me his number. As i was composing a text to him i went to check on cookie and noticed that she was having a hard time birthing another kitten i helped a little and she finally gave birth to one that was unfortunately stillborn right after she had another orange one then a white one. We think the reason the first 2 passed was because she was still labor and having a hard time taking care of the babies and that it took so long to have the others because of the one that was still born. Luckily there was no school this day.

We buried the 3 that passed in the backyard and kept a good eye on the 3 that were still alive. ( She had 2 white 2 black and 2 orange we ended up with one of each color after everything)





Proud daddy babysat one day while mom went on a potty break and ate.






They are now about 12 days old and opening their eyes and doing so well. finding the dead kittens was hard on Erilyn ( cookie had them in her room) but once she watched the last 3 be born with me she wasn't so sad anymore and has enjoyed having the kittens so close to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment