Thursday, October 23, 2014

A day in the life of me........

A stay at home mom who baby sits to earn extra cash. (warning this post may get a little lengthy)  This is how my Friday went.. wake up at my alarm going off at 7:00 well.... actually it started much earlier at 12:30 am to "moommmmy! mooooommmy! I need to go potty!" I run to help.... I mean stand in the bathroom as my almost 3 year old goes potty. Then stand at the door of her room as she gets in bed and then get yelled at as I try to help. I go back to sleep and struggle to go back to sleep as my husband has now turned over leaving barley enough room for me. I probably fall asleep about 2 then get woken up again at 4:30 because the almost 3 year old is bawling her eyes out because she peed the bed. I change the sheets and find a new blanket and pillow as she has drenched everything In pee. Change her pjs and put her back in bed get her all calmed down and settled by this time its 5 am. I jump back in bed the husband has moved and I have room to get comfortable, I instantly fall asleep then wake up to my alarm going off at 7:00 I look at it and half asleep I set the snooze only to wake 5 min later thinking I've slept in. I decide its not worth it any more and get up quickly get dressed and go quietly up stairs so as not to wake any one up and finish getting ready. I then throw some oat meal in the microwave, and open the front door and curtains so I can see when the kids im babysitting for the day arrive. I hurry and shut off the microwave before the beeper goes off and grab my oatmeal and a water bottle from the fridge. I sit on the couch. I use these few min of quiet time to play on my phone and check facebook (facebook helps me feel like im still connected to the outside world). I look up to see the first little girl arriving I eat what I can of my oatmeal and stick the bowl in the sink. I open the door and invite them in, after a few min the mom leaves the little girl (2 and half years old) starts crying at the door for mom, this wakes up my daughter who comes stumbling out of the bedroom and comforts the little girl by giving her a block to play with. A few min later my husband comes up stairs with the baby and hands her to me I make her a bottle and she eats while I change her and get ready for the day. By this time the other kids arrive two boys age 4 and 7 and a girl almost exactly the same age as my girl. (The 7 year old has no way to get to my house from school because of car problems) So I get him for the whole day. The mom notifies me that the  kids slept in and still need to eat breakfast she brought oat meal I make it for them.... wrong of coarse and get a few tips from the 7 year old to try next time. They are all eating so I decide to do the dishes. When all of a sudden one of the 3 year olds spills their milk..... im not sure wich one as they blamed each other. I tell my daughter to get a towel and clean up the milk and finish the last few dishes. I turn to see that she grabbed all the towels left in the cubbord to clean up the spilled milk and now has a huge pile of towels and of cuarse some how managed to get every single one of them wet. I go to throw them in the washer and see that I forgot to put the pee stuff from earlier in the washer. So I throw those in instead and leave the towles there to go in next. I come upstairs to see that the kids have decided to play with blocks and have left a trail of blocks leading from the Erilyns room to the living room I pick them up hand them to them and tell them that it will work better with all of them...... I smell something its the babies diaper. I change her and run it to the outside garbage only to realize its garbage pick up day and our over flowing garbage cans have not made it to the curb yet. I run to the street and check the other cans on the street, checking for signs of them being emptied all ready luckily it looks like they haven't. I peek in the front door to check on and count kids all of them are there and busy building with legos. I hurry and take the cans to curb and run back inside. The baby is crying and covered in blocks but no-one wants to take the blame, I get her calmed down. She eats some baby food then its her nap time. I quickly take her to her bed. and notice as I lay her in bed that the kids have now started a game of run around the center wall upstairs, it sounds like herd of elephants. I rush up stairs and quickly end that game. Its time to start lunch one of the kids mom has sent mac and cheese, I get water boiling and begin to measure milk and butter. My a3yo announces she has to go potty I tell her mommy is busy and bribe her with candy if she goes all by herself she happily agrees and does so..... wich leads to her and ALL the kids getting candy. They happily eat their candy and play some-what quietly as I finish up lunch. I dish up the food and make sure everyone has a drink then of cuarse there is the fight over who gets what color and wich bowl has more food. I clean up the kitchen real fast and sit down to eat my now cold lunch as the kids are just finishing up theirs. I scarf my food really fast, then comes the fight of who left their bowl and or cup on the table, we finally get those all cleaned up and I get alittle bit of water on everything so I don't have to do dishes for a few hours. My a3yo comes around the corner doing the potty dance I ask if she needs to go potty she says no and promptly pees all over the floor. She starts bawling I tell her to go get a towel..... then remember they are all down stairs. I start down the stairs to grab a towel and end up with a whole parade of kids noisily running down the stairs with me, this wakes up the baby. I grab a towel and hurry up stiars to clean up the pee and close the baby gate behind me so I can get a few sec to my self. I look at the clock, its only noon?! I grab the baby a bottle and head down stairs switch the laundry and feed and change the baby as the kids are playing in the toy room. When the baby is done I remember that the 7yo has some home work to do, I decide its quiet time. I put all the kids in separate rooms with something quiet to do and the baby in her toy so I can hear her as I help the 7yo with his home work. I decide its chocolate time and pull some out wich I only get a few bites of since I cant hide it from the boys. I figure I should check on the girls, they are all sleeping.... except my a3yo. She comes to play they suggest out side so we get shoes on and head out side to play by this time its about 3. I think to my self I only have about and hour and half before the kids parents should be here. The second we get to the back yard I get a text its one of the moms they have to stay late and are wondering if that's ok. I so badly want to type no but answer "ya no problem". The kids  play while I pick our dead cucumbers out of the garden just as im finishing up I get another text " my husbands boss asked him to stay an hour late if that's ok with you" I respond "yeah no problem" (why am I so nice?) The kids have now found the sand box and are complaining it smells like cat poop I cant find any  any where so we decide to change out the sand. They play for literally 2 sec before my a3yo comes screeming because she got sand in her eye, I cant get it out so I turn on the hose just barly to wash the sand out, you would think I was beating the girl as screamed bloody murder then was happy when she realized it didn't hurt any more. The 7 year old needs to pee I round every one up and head inside the sound wakes the girls up and they are all sad they didn't get to go outside to play. After a potty break ( for everyone), a diaper change, a snack and finding and putting everyones shoes back on (yes they ALL took them off). We head outside again my a3yo notices that we have ripe raspberries and announces it to the world. I hope and pray that I can find enough ripe ones for all the kids I start counting them real fast.... theres enough!! I pick them and divvy them out and we head to the back yard. I notice its 530 the parents should be here soon I quickly text them that we will be in the back..... and of coarse they are both running late. I get the texts sent to look up from my phone just in time to watch the 2yo get taken out by one of the swings I get her calmed down while giving everyone a speech about not walking infront of swings. The 2yo is calm enough to check for broken bones and concusion all looks well.... thank goodness!!  The kids play, I work in the garden. Finally at about 6 the first mom shows up she leaves and then the next one comes. I gather up my kids to take them inside. I put some fish sticks in the oven and make the baby some food and look up to see my mom arriving to pick up some stuff, so I wheel the high chair into the living room so I can feed the baby and socialize with some over the age of 7.  The oven alarm goes off I pull them out and sit back down just as my husband arrives home he gets food while I  finish feeding the baby and give her to him so I can eat my now cold fish sticks and talk to my mom while my teething baby cries for me. My mom leaves and we do bath time ( which with a a3yo who hates having her hair washed is never fun) and bedtime. I really badly need a shower, and to straighten up the house, but cant muster up the energy to do so. I lay in bed to wach my shows, the next thing I know im being woken up at 430 to "moooommmmy mommmmyy I need to go potty!!"  This is pretty well how my days go. But you know what?! I wouldn't change it for the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment